Monday, July 18

Matt Cooper

Just for a change of pace I was gonna write a thoughtful piece about this, but recent cat-related events plus 5 inches of rain on Saturday conspired against me. So I'd just like to note what Poor Matt Cooper was up to. He was vetting a Time story on Social Security to the WH political advisor. After he was "warned off" the Plame story, he passed the warning on to his editor. No one is ever going to convince me that these guys thought they were actually considering genuine facts rather than shaping the news to suit Uncle Karl. The supposed "nepotism" argument was as fucking full of holes when Rove gave it to Cooper as it is today, and everybody knows it. And if I were a gambling man I'd lay dollars to doughnuts that Novak sang like choirboy, and Cooper's eleventh-hour reprieve came after he called Rove and told him he was singing, too, so he might as well release him. First Amendment my Aunt Fanny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to blog on this, but I'm pretty sure you're the only one I know that would get the reference. Matt Cooper keeps reminding me of Stubby Kaye as Nicely-Nicely Johnson in Guys and Dolls. "Sit down, you're rockin' the boat!"

handdrummer said...

Does that mean he and The Vampire Novak should audition fo the stage company of "Cat Ballou" next? They could sing for Judy alone in he cold prison cell.